Tuesday, January 12, 2010

The First Piece

Hey reader! Since this is my very first post of my very first blog, I'm a bit at loss at what to say. Thought I might start off with an introductory post. :)

My name is Brian, and my friends call me Brian. (Well, sometimes they just address me as 'b*tch', but I guess its my fault for popularizing its usage. >.<) I'm currently pursuing a degree in electronics engineering. I would tell you where I live and such, but just in case someone I've pissed off decides to hire a hitman to do me in, they won't be getting anything here. Though I guess they could always check my Facebook profile.

You could say that I'm a pretty typical guy. I enjoy games, reading, going out with friends, and the occasional exaggerated banter we teens seem to enjoy nowadays. I rarely have time for movies, and I don't follow any TV series, though a few seasons of 24 I've watched were nice. My taste in music and movies are pretty mainstream: I enjoy what most people would enjoy.

I can play the drums, and I've recently picked up another instrument in the varsity's chinese orchestra: the yang qing. I used to be able to play some good licks on the drumset, but that was 2 years ago, and I've barely touched my electronic set at home since. I was in a marching/concert band during high school, and conducted there in my final year. It was there where I also met my sweetheart Yen :), who's furthering her studies in music in Taiwan. We've been together for more than 3 years now, and I'm thankful all that she has shown and given to me.

I am still mulling over what this blog should be about. Well, it'll be about me of course, but what do I post? I'm aware that most bloggers post experiences they had, or post special messages to friends, voice their opinions, lalala. The problem with me is that I don't go out much, I rarely do anything special for friends and I keep a lot of my opinions to myself (See? I'm a bitch. Haha).
Maybe I'm hoping this blog will change that.

I regard myself as a person with a... shifting personality. In short, I haven't decided what kind of person I wanna be yet, how my attitude towards other people should be. I suppose I'll have to settle on a character one day, but for now, I am content with stepping on other people and making them smile at the same time.

I think I've made my introduction lengthy enough. If you managed to reach the ending here, thanks a lot for reading. You just saw the first piece in my process of assembling me.

Cheers,
Brian


6 comments: